I was writing a book and other writers suggested a blog and other bloggers might be helpful to my writing and it might also be a way to earn money to support my writing.
2. What is your #1 favorite thing about blogging and why?
Absolutely my favorite thing is meeting people. I have made so many connections and friends.
3. What main topics do you blog about?
Writing, social media, kids, family, travel, sponsored posts and pretty much anything.
4. When you’re not blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
Family time, writing, travel, cooking, motorcycle riding
5. What has been your favorite place to visit and explore?
I love traveling to and speaking at conferences, traveling to bookstores to do readings and signings and I love taking my grand kids on adventures. Last year my husband and I drove 5 of them ages 8-14 from Philadelphia to Florida. We had such a good time, we are planning to do it again with the whole family.
6. Do you blog as a hobby or is it your job?
I am an author and just had my second book released, I also do sponsored posts so I guess you could say it is my job. I gave up my day job 10-months ago. I love blogging so its a job I enjoy.
7. Where would you like to take your blog in 5 years?
To several more best selling books and the respect of readers and other bloggers.
8. What has been the hardest thing that you’ve encountered since you began blogging?
Tech stuff, ech!
9. From your experience, what’s one tip that you would give to a new blogger?
Do not worry about, focus on or obsess about numbers. Write good content and visit, read and leave meaningful comments on tons of other blogs and the numbers will grow.
10. What are your top 3 must watch tv shows?
My guilty pleasures are The Young and the Restless (been watching 35-years) and some of the Housewives and other reality shows, Downton Abbey (so sad to see it go) I am binge watching Shameless and Ray Donovan now and looking forward to the return of Poldark.
11. What is something about you or that you that makes you unique?
Brought home a homeless woman one night and she ended up living with us for 2 1/2 years. It was such a crazy story I wrote a book about it. The Stranger In My Recliner. [January 2016]
12. Do you have a historical or currently living icon that you look up to? Why?
I worked with hospice clients until a few months ago and all of my older clients were fascinating people. I learned more about history from them than I learned in high school and college.
13. What is the one blog post that you are the most proud of hitting the publish button on?
I do a series called Writing Wednesday were I share blog/writing tips on writing, social media, promoting etc... I also love this post http://doreenmcgettigan.com/2016/01/the-snowman/
14. What is your favorite season and the one thing that you look forward to during it each year?
Summer and the beach!
15. Is there anything else that you would like to share about yourself, your life or your blog?
For the past 4-years I have participated in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. I learned so much and cannot recommend it enough. There is a link on my blog. Also I have authored 2 books.
Thank you Doreen for sharing some things about you and your blog and letting us get to know you.