Meet the Blogger Behind: My Life In Rose Tinted Glasses
Happy mid week Wednesday everyone! Hopefully you have been enjoying this Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog series that I have been doing. If so I have another blogger for you to meet and she would be 24 year old Francesca and her blog My Life in Rose Tinted Glasses.
1. What or who inspired you to create your blog? Well, I have always had a love of writing, I tried blogging before but didn't really take it seriously so it wasn't one of my priorities! I guess with being a mum to two wonderful children its encouraged me to get writing again! Everyone is always asking for my opinion and advice so I thought i'd do that through a blog on topics I really enjoy & I hope others do too!
2. What is your #1 favorite thing about blogging and why? For me its just so much fun! I enjoy writing every single post and coming up with new ideas! Its a little bit of me time where I can enjoy something I really love to do!
3. What main topics do you blog about? I blog about everything! Mainly beauty related posts & food & recipe ideas at the moment because I've only just started but I have plenty more planned for sheer entertainment value!
4. When you’re not blogging, what do you enjoy doing? I enjoy spending time with my family, as you can imagine life with 2 under 5 year olds is mad but we love it! I also enjoy music concerts, anything crafty (I have my own little side business where I make flower crowns! You can find us on instagram @crownmeheadwear), cooking & baking are definitely a favorite pastime & also just chill out relaxation!
5. What has been your favorite place to visit and explore? Well definitely when I was younger and I visited Florida!! It was amazing! Disney world is more than you can even imagine! A child's paradise (and adults actually)! I'll definitely be going back and I'd live to explore more of America!
6. Do you blog as a hobby or is it your job? My blog is just a hobby, I want to do something with writing for my career so this is just a stepping stone or outlet if you will for my writing skills.
7. Where would you like to take your blog in 5 years? In 5 years I would definitely hope to have a solid base of subscribers, i'd hope to see more activity on there in views and feedback too! If my blog ever turned into a career for me i'd be more than happy to continue that!
8. What has been the hardest thing that you’ve encountered since you began blogging? I think for me its been getting the views and feedback from people. Obviously there is a lot of time and effort put into each individual post, I want people to read them and love them. Without the readers a blog is nothing!
9. From your experience, what’s one tip that you would give to a new blogger? Well I am a new blogger, however a piece of advice I do have is to not to rely solely on family & friends to share your blog! Most of the time they don't because its just a blog no one knows just what it means to you than you! Make sure you explore all avenues when sharing your posts, it takes a lot of effort but its worth it!
10. What are your top 3 must watch tv shows? Number 1 has to be The waking dead!! It's definitely a must watch! I'm a serious fan! Love zombie films but always felt like they fell short and are pretty rushed so the walking dead is literally everything!! Number 2 is The wire!! Honestly if you haven't seen it start now!! So addictive and its pretty raw and real! Its an old series now but its such a goodie! And finally number 3 (this would have been Dexter had they not messed up the last season and totally ruined the whole thing for me!) is 24! Again this is an older series now but its incred!
11. What is something about you or that you that makes you unique? I guess what makes different (if not unique) to other 24 year olds is the fact that i'm married and have 2 children!
12. Do you have a historical or currently living icon that you look up to? Why? I actually don't! There a tons of people throughout history and now that I admire for the things they do or have done to help others and make changes in the world but I can't say I look up to someone as an idol. I just try to be the best me I can without looking at others to do that, if that even makes sense!
13. What is the one blog post that you are the most proud of hitting the publish button on? Well since i'm new to this I don't currently have a lot of material to choose from however a post I wrote on skincare has to be my fave. I really thought about what I should include and what would be benefits to people reading it so that for me has to be my fave so far! https://mylifeinrosetintedglasses.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/skin/
14. What is your favorite season and the one thing that you look forward to during it each year? I use to say winter because of wearing the over-sized jumpers and cosy clothes, that was more down to insecurities as I had gained weight! I've lost 3 stone since then & would now say my fave season is spring, I love the blossom and how pretty everything looks around then!
15. Is there anything else that you would like to share about yourself, your life or your blog? I'm looking for guest bloggers and collab bloggers that would be interested in doing a piece for my blog so if anyone would be interested please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you Francesca for sharing some things about you and your blog and letting us get to know you.
You can keep up to date with Francesca by following her on: Instagram and of course her blog.
Stop by next Wednesday for another "Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog" to meet another amazing blogger.
AUTHOR: Kimberly Fouché