Good afternoon and a happy Wednesday to everyone. I love these Wednesday posts and meeting the new blogger of the week and checking out their blog. This week we get to meet Sarah who is 19 and blogs over at Texas Sweet Tea. I'm pretty jealous that she gets to play with puppies whenever she can.
1. What or who inspired you to create your blog?
One day I was sitting reading Carly’s (the college prepster) blog and I just thought to myself, hey I could do this. And so I did!
2. What is your #1 favorite thing about blogging and why?
I love being able to have the freedom of posting whatever I want. Like if I want to talk about my favorite Netflix shows, I can do that. Or if I want to take pictures of a cute new outfit, I can do that too! It’s fun getting to share your life with people.
3. What main topics do you blog about?
I consider myself a fashion and lifestyle blog, so fashion and, well, my lifestyle! I started off as a ‘preppy’ blogger, but since coming to college I’m trying to help my blog reflect my new style.
4. When you’re not blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
The animal shelter is really close to my college campus. They have a super cool program where you can go and take the dogs out for ‘happy hour’. I really miss my dog at home so getting to walk and play with puppies is my favorite way to spend my free time.
5. What has been your favorite place to visit and explore?
Alabama! Since I’m here for college, it’s really cool finding new restaurants or pretty places to watch the sunset. It’s such a cool state and it’s absolutely gorgeous.
6. Do you blog as a hobby or is it your job?
I do it as a hobby!
7. Where would you like to take your blog in 5 years?
Honestly, I have no idea! I never really expected people to actually read or follow along with my blog. It was honestly just sort of for me to be able to document what was happening in my life. I have had some really cool opportunities working with companies and people, and it would be awesome to continue to do that!
8. What has been the hardest thing that you’ve encountered since you began blogging?
Being consistent with posting can be hard. I have a very busy life and sometimes I can forget to post or sit down and write. I can suffer from writers block a lot too! But thankfully, pinterest exists to help spark my creativity.
9. From your experience, what’s one tip that you would give to a new blogger?
Don’t write about something that you don’t care about. It’s very obvious when people accept sponsorships just because they want free stuff. Only write about your passions and things you truly love. DON’T BE A SELLOUT.
10. What are your top 3 must watch tv shows?
Parks and Recreation, The Office, and Hart of Dixie.
11. What is something about you or that you that makes you unique?
A lot of people don’t know that I was born in Scotland! People get really confused when I tell them that I’m not a citizen of the US!
12. Do you have a historical or currently living icon that you look up to? Why?
This is cheesy, but my mom is the person that I look up to! She has overcome a lot in her life and I hope that I can be half the woman that she is.
13. What is the one blog post that you are the most proud of hitting the publish button on?
My “What Dressing Like a Sorority Girl Has Taught Me” post is probably one of my favorites that I have written! It was fun to sit down and think “okay, now what stereotypes are actually true” and then get to explain why we actually do these things. I’m a very sarcastic person so it was nice that a lot of people also enjoyed my sense of humor!
14. What is your favorite season and the one thing that you look forward to during it each year?
Fall! Because the fashion is so fun. I love riding boots, booties, cuffed jeans, puffer vests. I always get so excited when the leaves fall too!
15. Is there anything else that you would like to share about yourself, your life or your blog?
I would really like to make more blogging friends! If you’re interested in it, feel free to contact me!
Thank you Sarah for sharing some things about you and your blog and letting us get to know you.
Stop by next Wednesday for another "Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog" to meet another amazing blogger.