Meet the Blogger Behind: Single Mom, What A Life
1. What or who inspired you to create your blog?
I cannot say one person or thing inspired me. It was a buildup of things like websites and blogs talking negative about single mothers. I decided than to give a more realistic and positive look on single motherhood.
2. What is your #1 favorite thing about blogging and why?
Someone befitting from my content. When someone tells me I have helped them in someone way it makes me happy.
3. What main topics do you blog about?
Parenting and relationships (family, friends, and dating). My post on dating are the most popular.
4. When you’re not blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
When I am not blogging I love going on walks with my son, coloring, working on my book, and doing activities with my son.
5. What has been your favorite place to visit and explore?
New Orleans I went one time for a few hours (we were on our way to Florida) and I loved the culture. When I get the chance I want to go back. Not for a party, but to see the culture, try some food, meet people, listen to music, and view the art. Really see New Orleans.
6. Do you blog as a hobby or is it your job?
Right now it is a hobby, I have put off making it a job for many reason. I do not think it will ever be my main job, I love working out of the home.
7. Where would you like to take your blog in 5 years?
I would love my blog to be attached to my book(s). I would like it to be popular enough to hire a single mom or two to help with it so I can cover more topics.
8. What has been the hardest thing that you’ve encountered since you began blogging?
Realizing it never get to perfect. There is this idea that a blogger has in their head about what their blog will be like. However, it never fully gets there, you will grow, learn, and improve no matter how long you blog.
9. From your experience, what’s one tip that you would give to a new blogger?
Love what you blog about. If you do not enjoy what you write it is a chore.
10. What are your top 3 must watch tv shows?
Leverage, Law & Order: CI, and X-Files.
11. What is something about you or that you that makes you unique?
Something that makes me unique is the middle road I take on a lot of things. I can be understanding of things I do not agree with. I can be there for things I do not understand. In a lot of ways this has made being in a romantic relationship hard, but it has made me an outstanding mother, sister, and friend.
12. Do you have a historical or currently living icon that you look up to? Why?
Dr. Maya Angelou she was truly a magnificent woman. She is a powerful and strong face for single mothers. She raised her son, had a career, and she brought women together. She was about peace, acceptance, and love. As a black woman I have heard a lot of negative things about black mothers more so black single mothers. She is the person who shows that a stereotype does not have to define anyone. I can be the best and my son can be the best. One man not in our lives does not define us.
13. What is the one blog post that you are the most proud of hitting the publish button on?
Why am I crying over cookies? I am very cautious about what I put online about myself because it is hard to take it back once it is out there. However, I said I would be more vulnerable, I would show that there was a real and imperfect human behind my blog, and this was the first post to really do that.
14. What is your favorite season and the one thing that you look forward to during it each year?
Fall and sweaters and leggings. I LOVE sweaters, I like being able to go on walks with Noah and its not to hot but the days are still long. It is the best time of year.
Thank you Iman for sharing some things about you and your blog and letting us get to know you.
You can keep up to date with Iman by following her on: Facebook, Instagram and of course her blog.
Stop by next Wednesday for another "Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog" to meet another amazing blogger.
AUTHOR: Kimberly Fouché