Meet the Blogger Behind: One Fed Up Mommy
1. What or who inspired you to create your blog?
My kids actually. I have 4 kids and our daily life is nothing short of insanity. Nearly 6 years ago we decided to ditch artificial food dyes in our diet and since we are a one income family, shopping for dye free foods on a budget was what spurred me to blog again, because people kept telling me to eat like we do was expensive. But it's not, and I show them that in my posts. I blog today mostly about life, family and living dye free with kids on a budget.
2. What is your #1 favorite thing about blogging and why?
The chance to express myself through writing. I know that sounds corny, but I've been a writer since I was 15 and there's nothing more therapeutic than putting your thoughts down on paper. I also love the fact that this is somewhat of an online diary for my kids when they are grown.
3. What main topics do you blog about?
Family life and living dye free on a tight budget in the real world.
4. When you’re not blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
Volunteering at the kids school, home diy projects and reading.
5. What has been your favorite place to visit and explore?
Texas, believe it or not. There are so many different areas of Texas and each is just as beautiful as the one before it.
6. Do you blog as a hobby or is it your job?
It's a hobby that I hope becomes a job.
7. Where would you like to take your blog ?
I would love to be a leading blogger in the dye free niche, showing parents they too can do it, and it's not as hard or expensive as they think.
8. What has been the hardest thing that you’ve encountered since you began blogging?
Generating traffic. Getting readers. It seems only my mom and a few close friends actually read my stuff.
9. From your experience, what’s one tip that you would give to a new blogger?
Don't give up. I have to remind myself daily that the big bloggers didn't get there overnight. Slow and steady wins the race.
10. What are your top 3 must watch tv shows?
Orange is The New Black, Grace and Frankie, Little Women LA
11. What is something about you or that you that makes you unique?
I am one of the few tattooed PTA moms driving a minivan. I even have Peace sign and Harley Davidson stickers on the back window.
12. Do you have a historical or currently living icon that you look up to? Why?
I actually look up to my mom. She has lost so much in the past 2 years and still finds the strength to go on. She's a true testament that life does go on and you can do it.
13. What is the one blog post that you are the most proud of hitting the publish button on?
The post I wrote about my teenage daughter. She is growing up so fast and even though we butt heads often, I know she only has a few more years before she grows up and moves on. This post was about that constant reminder. http://onefedupmommy.com/
14. What is your favorite season and the one thing that you look forward to during it each year?
Fall, I love how festive and beautiful everything becomes. To me there's not much more amazing than when a tree turns its leaves.
15. Is there anything else that you would like to share about yourself, your life or your blog?
I think I said it all in the answers above, I'm just a stay at home mom of 4, living a crazy life day to day and trying to keep my head above water. I realized one day that it IS my circus and these ARE my monkeys.
Thank you Heather for sharing some things about you and your blog and letting us get to know you.You can keep up to date with Heather by following her on: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and of course her blog. Stop by next Wednesday for another "Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog" to meet another amazing blogger.
AUTHOR: Kimberly Fouché