Meet the Blogger Behind: Major League Mommy
Happy Wednesday everyone!! Today on Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog we are meeting Briana Marie and her blog "Major League Mommy." Briana is located here in the United States, Michigan to be exact, and she blogs about parenting, DIYs and also shares Giveaway's. Read my interview with her below.
1. What or who inspired you to create your blog?
-I started my blog back in March 2015 while I was a SAHM of my 5 month old and 3 year old. My daughters and my situation in general inspired me to create my blog. I am a young mother (I had my first daughter when I was 19) and I had to go through the whole parenting process while I was still in college and also still trying to just figure out the whole "adulting" thing. It was a rather difficult process but I found a way to make it through and I wanted to encourage other Moms going through something similar while also documenting some of my experiences as a Mother. It was also an excellent opportunity to work on fine tuning my writing skills while I was completing my BA in Communication. So, I guess it was a mix of all of those things that inspired me to start MajorLeagueMommy.
2. What is your #1 favorite thing about blogging and why?
-My #1 favorite thing about blogging is being able to help other Moms that are in search of advice and ideas related to parenting. It's great to be a resource for those seeking out more information!
3. What main topics do you blog about?
-I blog about parenting tips and advice based off of my personal experiences. I also include fun facts, fun DIY projects, and product reviews. Everything is family-friendly at MajorLeagueMommy.com.
4. When you’re not blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
-I enjoy indulging in "Me-Time" activities and spending quality time with my loved ones. I also participate in a great deal of community service work which I really enjoy. Lastly, (but certainly not least), I enjoy traveling.
5. What has been your favorite place to visit and explore?
-My favorite place to visit and explore has been the Diamond Head State Monument in Honolulu. I have hiked at Diamond Head a few times while I was living in Hawaii and I loved it. Not only did it really get me to push myself, but it was such a beautiful view and a wonderful way for me to connect with the land and all its beauty. It was always a very peaceful and rewarding experience for me.
6. Do you blog as a hobby or is it your job?
-My blog is my hobby and my job. I do still work part time outside of my home as well.
7. Where would you like to take your blog in 5 years?
-I would like to see my blog reaching and helping millions of parents in 5 years.
8. What has been the hardest thing that you’ve encountered since you began blogging?
-The hardest thing that I've encountered since I began blogging is consistently finding the time to write quality pieces for my blog. There are some weeks when I post 5 times or more and other weeks where I'm lucky to just post even once. Life happens and being a Mom of 2, working a job, and running a blog are all things that take up a great deal of time for me. Sometimes the days just don't seem long enough. Lol. But being a Mom is my top priority.
9. From your experience, what’s one tip that you would give to a new blogger?
-Blog about something you are passionate about and it will never feel like "work." :)
10. What are your top 3 must watch tv shows?
-This may sound crazy but I don't really watch TV. I have a long list of shows that people keep recommending to me that I haven't event gotten around to yet!
11. What is something about you or that you that makes you unique?
-I moved all the way to Hawaii thousands of miles from Michigan as soon as I graduated from high school because I just wanted "to try something new." I didn't know even one soul on the island and got off the plane with only $20 in my pocket, no job, no familiarity with the area, and just one suitcase of belongings.
12. Do you have a historical or currently living icon that you look up to? Why?
-I really look up to Oprah because despite all of her hardships in life, she has become a great success and such an inspiration to so many others. She is a wonderful demonstration of how one can overcome obstacles and beat the odds to become the best version of themselves and live the life they desire and deserve.
13. What is the one blog post that you are the most proud of hitting the publish button on?
- I was so proud of publishing my 15 Parenting Hacks post because seriously, those are some tips that EVERY parent needs to know about. Who wouldn't want to make being a parent easier? I love life hacks. https://majorleaguemommy.com/2016/06/28/15-parenting-hacks-that-will-make-life-easier/
14. What is your favorite season and the one thing that you look forward to during it each year?
-I love the Fall, especially in Michigan, because the leaves change colors and I think it just looks so beautiful. I also get super excited to bring out my boots and sweaters again. I look forward to hot chocolate with Marshmallows, my delicious homemade chili, and fun DIY Halloween and Thanksgiving family projects.
Thank you Briana Marie for sharing some things about you and your blog and letting us get to know you. You can keep up to date with Briana Marie by following her on: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and of course her blog. Stop by next Wednesday for another "Meet the Blogger Behind the Blog" to meet another amazing blogger.
AUTHOR: Kimberly Fouché